Residencia (Residence status in Spain)

If you live in Spain for 183 days or more (not necessarily consecutively) then you are a Resident of Spain. To become a Resident, you need a a NIE and to apply for residencia (residence status in Spain). This is not a fiscal residency; that is the next step afterwards to become a tax payer in Spain. For Residencia you have different possibilities depending on your circumstances, for instance if you are:

Retired, unemployed, working in Spain, self employed.

We can explain the documentation that will be requested: You will always need your passport and a padron (see separate page) but for instance, if you are retired then you are also going to need a Form S1, E121 or E106 stamped by the authorities in your country. You will also need proof of your pensions from your pension provider, and last 2 months of bank statements showing the pension is paid.

If you are unemployed the situation is different and also if you are working for a Spanish company. 

However, if you are retired then with the original S1 form, pardon, residencia and passport we can arrange for you to obtain a SIP card.  

Please contact Amanda on if we can help you with any of the above.

Looking for a solution?

Feel free to get in touch with any enquiries and one of our friendly members of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.

Fill out my online form.