No Win No Fee – As Easy as 1,2,3
Not so many years ago, No Win No Fee cases were almost unheard of in Spain, now that is no longer the case.
Some law firms, including us, will consider legal cases and put up the upfront costs on some occasions. These cases have to be serious cases, involving a serious negligence or loss. It is very unlikely that a firm in Spain would consider covering legal costs themselves for issues such as community, employment, tenant evictions or other matters that do not involve a significant injury or loss.
However, in some instances, it really is as easy as 1,2, 3, to have your case considered and a legal action prepared, against say a bank.
What are the steps?
1. Explain the story. It may be that you were on a bicycle, hit by a car and severely injured. Write to us, tell us exactly what happened, where and when.
2. Provide the evidence. If say, it is a case whereby you lost a deposit paid on an off-plan deposit and we can possibly sue a Bank under the Supreme Court Judgement relating to this, then we will need copies of documents such as
- – purchase contract
- confirmations of amounts paid by credit card or bank transfers
- receipts of payments received by the property developers-
- the initial total price of the property
- the correspondence (if applicable) between you and the property developers (and any other written communications that may be of use for the case) –
- any copies of any Court documents
- any other documentation you can think of.
If it was an accident then we may need photos, police report, medical reports, other side’s insurance details.
3. We work together as a team. That means that if we ask for additional information it is because we need it for the case and we need you to help us, to help you.
If it is a Court Action, then you will need to come to Spain at least once in the years to come.
However, it really can be as simple as 1,2, 3. A gentleman contacted us two weeks ago saying they lost 36,000€ nine years ago on a deposit put on a property and could we help on a no win no fee basis? At first they thought they had thrown the paperwork away but when we said please look for these particular documents, they found everything, and they have a good case, which we are prepared to fund in advance for a percentage of the win.
So please do not delay, if you have a case that you would like us to consider please email Nicola email@example.com