ANNUAL SPANISH TAXES
Although we all wish it to be different, inevitably there are some things we cannot avoid! Homeowners in Spain have tax obligations which must be met, even when the Homeowner is resident in another country.
Our team can offer advice and calculate your individual tax responsibilities in Spain. Once contracted for fiscal representation, we will contact you on an annual basis to ensure that you are kept up to date with these responsibilities.
NON RESIDENTS (Spanish Tax)
In compliance with the Non Residents Tax Act (2004) any non-resident owning property in Spain is obligated to submit a Property Income Tax declaration before the 31st of December of the year following the purchase of property in Spain and thereafter on a yearly basis (properties owned by clients through Spanish limited companies are not subject to the tax). This is called Non Resident tax in Spain. Thus non resident tax is paid a year in arrears.
Our Fiscal Representation service or Spanish accounting service includes:
• Calculating the tax due on the basis of the ratable value and the number of days of ownership (if you bought or sold last year), ensuring that you do not pay more than strictly required.
• Filling out the forms with your personal and property information.
• Submitting to the tax office our appointment as your fiscal representatives in Spain
• Representing you during the fiscal year.
In order for us to calculate the total tax liability, we need to know the following for each of the properties owned:
• Purchase Price
• Percentage of the property the tax payer owns.
• Rateable Value on the last IBI receipt.
This is shown on the IBI (Impuesto de Bienes Inmuebles-Council Tax/SUMA) receipt under the name of valor catastral and we require this from you, should you have it, given that this bill is typically paid via bank standing order.
Please note that new properties (less than 2 years) might not have a ratable value assigned yet.
• Number of total days you have rented out the property during the taxation period (if applicable and only if such rental has been declared).
You should provide us with a copy of Title Deed of the Property for us to make sure the data provided is accurate and we also need to see copy passports.
For each of the tax payers, we need to know:
• Full Name
• NIE Number
• Exact date of purchase
We can assist you even if you live in another region of Spain if you are non-resident.
RESIDENTS (Spanish Tax)
These will obviously be based on overall income and if you wish to make an appointment to discuss your individual circumstances and income tax and the documents to bring us, or have a Spanish tax query let us know. If you are a Resident, we can only assist if you live in the Alicante/Murcia region as really it is best to meet in person and discuss your returns.