CASE STUDY – 2nd Licence of First Occupation


Posted and filed under .

A Licence of First Occupation is granted when a house is first built in order to prove it is in a habitable state. In some regions of Spain, including our region, the Valencia region, a 2nd Occupation Licence is also required at times, such as when selling (especially as utility contracts will need to be changed), or for when doing alterations to the property.

The first thing we would check when a client asks about this is where is the property. 

To arrange the licence, an architect will need to go to the property and prepare architectural plans so they will need keys or a visit.   We can arrange the whole process.

We would need a copy of your NIE, your title deed and a recent SUMA(IBI) bill. 

Once the paperwork is ready we pay a tax at the town hall and the stamped Declaration takes approx. a week to ten days.

It is as simple as that for you, instead of the onerous paperwork our end, and if you are selling or donating your property, or have inherited one, please contact us and we can assist with this. 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *




Self-fillable legal documents for sale!

Top quality documents at incredible prices

Spanish Legal Documents

Looking for a solution?

Feel free to get in touch with any enquiries and one of our friendly members of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.

Form loading.