Posted and filed under .

Q. We had this enquiry today, which may interest some people.

Just a quick question that I think you will know the answer to. If someone buys a property that already has a tourist rental licence is the licence transferable or would the new owner need to apply from scratch?

A. This was our answer.

Thank you for contacting us.  When the property has the tourist licence the new owner can change it into their name.  The buyer has to sign an application form, with a copy of the licence and their identification, and send it by Post to the Tourist office.  We can help them with this process for 40 + VAT = 48.40€ fee.


Read more information about Buying a Property in Alicante – Expenses  or  How to Obtain a Tourist Licence Alicante (Valencia Community).



  • Pat Baker

    How do we obtain a tourist license for our rental properties in benidorm.?

    • Ian C.

      Hello Pat,
      Have you already bought a rental property in Benidorm? I ask because if not, we can take a look where you are thinking of buying and give you an accurate assessment of the specific rules for that area.
      Benidorm is not the easiest place to rent short term- the hotel industry is very strong there and they don’t want it.
      Property rental around the Orihuela Costa is red-hot right now, if you are buying for investment, maybe it’s the place to be?
      I´ll email you privately and discuss more there,
      Kind wishes,

  • Jean Bolton

    Hi I applied for my licence in June 2018 through my Solicitor and she had to apply again in February 2019 as they told her the goal posts had changed. It is now nearly July 2019 and I have been told that they are over subscribed and are not issuing any certificate of compatability from the town hall and that without this we can’t get the licence. This is for renting our property in Orihuela Costa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    • Nicola Ryan

      Good Morning Jean,

      We understand your frustration.

      We are aware that the tourist licences are taking some time to process, we will contact the town hall to see if this is the case and come back to you as soon as possible. We hope this helps.

      Kind regards

  • Olga

    Hi . We also have trouble to receive cer­ti­fic­ate of com­pat­ab­il­ity from the town hall in Orihuela Costa. Applied in november 2018. Is there any alternative to cer­ti­fic­ate of com­pat­ab­il­ity from the town hall ? Would it help with architect visit to the property? Thanks

    • Amanda Thomas

      Dear Olga, I think with this it would be best to contact us on with the specifics of your case or check with the people who are helping you organise this. Kind regards

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *




Looking for a solution?

Feel free to get in touch with any enquiries and one of our friendly members of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.

Form loading.