Residencia and Do You Need to Become a Resident

From 28 March 2007, Royal Decree 240/07 required that all EU citizens planning to reside in Spain for more than 6 months must obtain the new form of Residencia to show their residency. This is the Residencia green certificate issued by various offices of the Extranjeria/National Police.

The A4 printed Residencia Certificate or small card (not photo card) in some regions now states your name, address, nationality, NIE number and date of registration. The Residencia Certificate or card is for life – it never expires.

We provide a same day service for a Spanish Residencia ensuring that your application is dealt with swiftly, and avoiding the lengthy queues that can await in the issuing offices.

We should make clear this is not a fiscal Residency Certificate which is a certificate you need when registering with the Spanish Tax authorities. A Residencia Certificate/card is a certificate that you are registered officially as a foreigner living in Spain, but not for tax purposes.  

There are many more recent articles on this topic, so please contact us with your queries. August 2020

Looking for a solution?

Feel free to get in touch with any enquiries and one of our friendly members of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.

Form loading.