Do you know what the British Consulate in Spain does?
Besides issuing replacement passports, they can:-
- Help you transfer funds in a dire emergency
- Provide help if you have suffered a rape, sexual assault, are a victim of any other crime
- Help people with mental health needs
- Offer support and help with problems such as missing people and death of relatives overseas
- Contact family or friends for you in an emergency
- Help ensure certain official documents are compatible with Spanish or British requirements, such as registering births and deaths
- They do not give legal advice or interfere in criminal or court proceedings, but our lawyer may be able to assist in this respect.
If you need the Emergency Consular assistance (we hope not) e.g. for arrest, a death, hospitalization, telephone the following 24 hours number (00 34) 917 146 400.