Taking Cars off the Road

Baja of a Car

First of all, the garage you go to must be officially registered that they can “scrap a car”. When they take possession of the car to scrap it, they should issue you with paperwork for the cancellation request, but the client has to ask for the “cancellation due to destruction”, or in Spanish “desguace el justificante definitivo de la baja”,  which confirms the car will be scrapped and will not go back on the road, and the company will then notify Trafico.

However, it is your responsibility to inform your nearest SUMA office that this has happened, by taking the notification with you, to avoid paying the annual car tax in future.

If you have any further queries on either issue please contact us.

Looking for a solution?

Feel free to get in touch with any enquiries and one of our friendly members of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.

Form loading.