Have you ever had a water leak at your property in Orihuela Costa?


Posted and filed under Current Claims Possible to Win Back Funds, General Articles of Interest, Legal Issues in Spain, Newsletters.

Have you ever had a water leak at your property in Orihuela Costa?

This article applies to people who are with the company “Hidraqua”.

Sometimes you may not even realise that you have a water leak until you get the unpleasant surprise of a bill that amounts to thousands of euros. When the water company come out to read the meter, if they see that you have used an unusually large amount of water, they do their best to try and notify you by phone, email or even by putting a handwritten note on your front door. If you only use your property as a holiday home the message might not get to you in time and the water company do not always turn off the supply in these cases.

Claiming Money Back

However, did you know that you can claim some of the money back when you have had a leak? This article applies to people who are with the company “Hidraqua”.

The first thing you need to do is get the leak fixed by a qualified plumber. Make sure you get a receipt with a full description of the works carried out. You can then go to the water company and start the process to claim for a refund.  You can do this even if the water leak was inside your property. The amount of money that you get back varies depending on the amount of the bills that you received while you had the leak, you could end up with a refund of hundreds of euros!

Once you have started your claim, you will be given another form to fill in to take to the town hall to claim for the drainage part of your bill which is separate from the actual water supply. So, in effect, you are claiming for two things, water that has been wasted due to a leak and the drainage of that water. If you live in another area such as San Miguel, San Pedro, or Torrevieja, you may only be able to claim for the drainage part of your bill, not the actual water consumption. This article applies to people who are with the company “Hidraqua”.

If you need any assistance when making a claim to the water company, please contact Gema at Spanish Solutions on 966761741.


  • Trevor Chapman

    We have recieved a letter advising of abnormal useage. Sure enoughg our meter is going crazy. I tried to contact Hidraqua but my Spanish is limited and they did not seem interested in helping.I think the leak is in the street. What do I do please ?

    • Nicola Ryan

      Good Morning Trevor,

      We understand your concern and also the urgency to get this matter resolved.

      We would suggest calling a plumber or your insurance company who will be able to confirm where the leak is coming from and also take the measures to stop it. When the leak has been contained, request a report detailing the leak and the repair and with this a claim can be submitted to Hydragua.

      Should you need any assistance with this please do not hesitate to contact us, we have dealt with many claims for water leaks.

      We hope you get this mater resolved swiftly.
      Kind regards

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *




Looking for a solution?

Feel free to get in touch with any enquiries and one of our friendly members of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.

Form loading.