Blog Category: Legal Paperwork (NIE, Residencia, Padron)


Non-Lucrative Visa In Spain

Posted and filed under Spanish Residency.

Start the visa application first if you are retiring in Spain; only then start looking for your dream home in the sun. The non-lucrative visa in Spain is the “Brexit-beating” clause presented to us by the Spanish Government. British people, in particular, want to move to Spain; that has not changed. What has changed is the law here regarding the… Read more »


Posted and filed under Legal Paperwork (NIE, Residencia, Padron).

Spain first launched its popular golden visa programme back in 2013.  Back then, a simple investment of €500,000 in real estate was promised to gain a family residency in the country. Unfortunately, the application process proved more complicated than we had hoped. We had Chinese and Russian applicants who successfully purchased here but the red tape was excessive. Now, post-Brexit… Read more »

Residencia to TIE exchange

Posted and filed under Brexit and Spain, Spanish Residency.

We are receiving many enquiries about if there is an obligation or not to exchange Residencia to TIE Obligation to change the Green Residence for the TIE If you applied for residency before the 1st July 2020 you will have a green residency card or A4 Green residency document. If you have green residency, you are not legally obliged to… Read more »

What Taxes Need to Be Paid When Selling in Spain?

Posted and filed under Legal Paperwork (NIE, Residencia, Padron), Official Documents in Spain, Property Purchase/Sale Service.

Many people are not aware of what is involved such as taxes to be paid when selling a property in Spain. We hope that you will find this article useful. Taxes to be Paid When Selling Capital Gains Tax 2) Plusvalia Tax Capital Gains Tax The Capital Gains Tax is a tax calculated on the difference between the price when… Read more »

Residencia and TIE

Posted and filed under Legal Paperwork (NIE, Residencia, Padron).

A change in September 2020 means when you obtain Residencia now you will be issued with an identity card called a TIE, rather than the previous small green card or certificates. There are two new processes, one for obtaining your first residencia in the form of the TIE, and a further for people who wish to change their current documentation… Read more »

Important update on Residencia (now TIE) Appointments in the Alicante region

Posted and filed under Legal Paperwork (NIE, Residencia, Padron), Spanish Residency.

Please note this is changing us all the time, contact us for up to date info. Many of you have been waiting for an update on Residencia (now TIE) appointments in the Alicante Region. Appointments for Europeans (not including British Nationality) We are generally able to obtain appointments now within a short time frame for Residencias for those of European… Read more »

Blocked Bank account in Spain

Posted and filed under Legal Paperwork (NIE, Residencia, Padron).

Blocked bank accounts in Spain are common unfortunately in Spain. We often have clients advise that they can no longer access their online banking or use their card and they do not understand why. Clients often do not realise until they experience a problem becuase of unpaid bills. Why might a Bank account in Spain be blocked or frozen? This… Read more »

Tourist licences in Orihuela Costa – News

Posted and filed under Legal Paperwork (NIE, Residencia, Padron), Official Documents in Spain.

Finally Ana received good news from the Town Hall today regarding tourist licences in Orihuela Costa for Spanish solutions clients.  Two months ago we were told that they could no longer keep up with the demand in the Orihuela Costa area for people looking to rent out their Spanish homes. All the information about getting the Tourism Licence in Valencia… Read more »

Spanish Residency (TIE)

Posted and filed under Spanish Residency, Taxes in Spain.

From time to time we have clients say to us that on many websites it says after 3 months you must get residency (TIE). On other law office’s websites it says that after 6 months you are legally resident in Spain. Here, we explain all you need to know about Spanish Residency (TIE) For British Citizens. This causes a great deal… Read more »

Guidance for Residency (TIE) in Spain

Posted and filed under Brexit and Spain, Legal Paperwork (NIE, Residencia, Padron), Spanish Residency.

Over the past few months, we have seen a huge number of enquiries for people wanting Spanish Residency in  Alicante – Spain (Residencia now TIE). Here you have all the information about Residency in Spain (now a TIE). This article is to advise you that it is important that all clients who do not have Residencia (now TIE) and padron and… Read more »

Looking for a solution?

Feel free to get in touch with any enquiries and one of our friendly members of staff will get back to you as soon as possible.

Form loading.