There is a good deal of discussion in place regarding how to get the Spanish Residency card (now TIE) and Brexit.
We have had been inundated with new enquiries from people living in Spain, who have not yet become a Spanish Resident and wish to take that step now. Thus, if you wish to become registered as Spanish Resident with a Residencia (now called a TIE), please contact us.
We are not talking specifically about fiscal residency here, although if someone lives more than 183 days in Spain, or the centre of their business or family interests is there, then they should be considering being a fiscal Resident also.
We are just talking about getting a Spanish Residency Permit (now TIE) which registers you as living in Spain and is done with the police. You have to be able to demonstrate that you can support your self financially to live in Spain.
Documents needed for Spanish Residency card (TIE)
If you are not retired or not EU worker
If you are not retired or you are not working in the EU you will need:
- health insurance policy with FULL cover for one year
- Proof that you have 9,000€ single person or joint 12000€ in a Spanish bank account
- Photograph Passport size
- Padron less than 3 months old
If you are retired or EU worker
If you are retired or you work in the EU you will need:
- Form S1 (for UK), E121 (for Belgian clients and some other countries) or E106 stamped by the authorities in their country (this is for contracted workers abroad): original plus a copy.
- Pension letter
- Last 3 month of Bank Statement that the pension is paid
- If the pension is paid in Spain, a bank statement with proof of payment
If you are working in Spain:
- Working history in Spain (vida Laboral) original
- Work contract
- 3 last payroll
- Income after tax of around 850 euro per month into your Spanish Bank account, with evidence of this going into the account for 3 months
How to get a spanish residency (TIE) Appointments
You can pop into our office anytime to bring your paperwork, a prior appointment is preferred.
You have to be present at the appointment at the foreigners’ office.
Please contact Yann if we can help you with anything to do with Residencia/TIE.